Tuesday, June 07, 2016

PAC SPECIAL: GOING DOWN THE MEMORY LANE

WRITTEN BY BIRESWOR BHATTACHARJEE I KOLKATA I JUNE 07, 2016 I 1st Published 0930 H

I joined College Of Arts as a teacher in December 1959. I got the additional charge of Hostel Superintendent. I was a bachelor at that time and was only 24 years old. Teaching job in College Of Arts, Patna was a boon for me.

Going down the memory lane # 3: Bireswor Bhattacharjee
PAC stuent's hunger strike is very unfortunate: Bireswor Bhattacharjee

Bireswor 
Bhattacharjee
I learnt Visual Art more deeply and enriched my aesthetic level. I started a sketching club every evening with the boarders of the college hostel. Boarders became model in turn and we did live sketches. I gave this activity a shape of club with equal contribution of .25 paise each from boarders for tea at recess. It was a regular practice for 2 hours except Sunday. 

At the end of the month, we exhibited all sketches on the hostel wall. The works did get media focus. Gradually this activity became so popular that some amateur artist of Patna and artist from the institute of industrial design also joined. Due to lack of space I had to shift this activity to the main building of the college in one of the classrooms.

(This post is taken from Bireswor Bhattacharjee's facebook wall, 1st posted on May 27, 2016)




No comments:

Post a Comment